View Single Post
Old
05-12-2009, 07:52 PM
wubwubwubwub
What, Me Worry?

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeon View Post
You're an idiot. What I meant was one of Setoguchi OR Vlasic.

Christ.

Luongo returned Bertuzzi, Allen, and Auld while being an UNSIGNED RFA. Allen is a great defensive d-man, Bertuzzi, at the time, was still a legitimate power-forward, and Auld was a servicable #2 goalie. People merely over exaggerate just how bad of a trade it was.

Which begets the question, what if you had a way of negotiating with him prior to the trade? Knowing full well you could get him to an extension prior to receiving him? Surely Johnson and the like are worth it.

Which is why we don't make very good partners, to be quite frank. St. Louis seems to be relying on their youth as of late, so I can understand why you wouldn't want to depart with them- but, like I said, it is the only way you'd be getting Luongo in any sort of way.

This is very, very true until next year's deadline imo.

Carter is one year away from entering UFA, and VanRiemsdyk hasn't exactly be shining since he was drafted. Are you now proposing elite forwards > elite goaltending?
To further support your point, Auld was just coming off a very good season, and many people thought he would be a very good goalie, and a respectable starter at the least.

wubwubwubwub is offline   Reply With Quote