View Single Post
Old
09-28-2004, 10:41 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ68NYR
The BIG and SMART thing for Sather to do is try or should i say he must get Blackburn back in the net at some point this season and let the scouts see that he can still play which I know he can and then make a big trade bringing back something to the effect of a Fedor Federov, Ryan Kesler from Vancouver or Mike Cammalleri, Lauri Tukonen, or Frolov from LA. Now some would think how could we make those deals well we do have a few extra second round picks for next yrs draft and Frolov would be the best trade you could make. Those are the guys i think we could get and I think LA would be the better trade partner because Blackburn is still better than Garon who they got from Montreal at the draft.

MY List starts with:

Frolov
Cammalleri
Tukonen
Federov
Kesler

Remember there would be other parts needed in the deals IF it included Frolov or maybe Frolov and Tukonen which is the one I would want.

This isnt about hating Poti but since he would be a great trade chip because he is still a good offensive DMan, my proposal to LA would be:

NYR trades: Dan Blackburn, Tom Poti, 2nd round pick 05, 4th round pick 06, 7th round pick 05

LA trades:Frolov, Tukonen
I think if nothing else, the last 18 months have shown that it is impossible to place any sort of time table on Blackburn's recovery. There is no way to predict when the damaged nerve will have healed enough to allow Blackburn to do all the necessary things a goalie must do to be effective. All Sather can do is wait. And even when Blackburn is cleared to practice and ultimately play, it makes no sense to rush him back into action and risk another injury.

As I have said all along, all anyone can do is wait and hope for the best. Nothing has changed.