Thread: Sportsnet: Bolts ask for Schenn
View Single Post
Old
05-12-2009, 10:04 PM
Pelle31

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchShamrock View Post
Burke is the one who puts himself in a position to be held at ransom. He publicly states that he will aggressively go after the top two picks, now he has to deliver. Not exactly the position of strength for someone in the hockey's center of the universe.

He acts like he is entitled to a shot at the picks and maybe it rubs guys the wrong way. Or maybe Burke is announcing this deal to bail himself out with the fans, saying 'hey, it's unreasonable for me to acquire the pick at this price'. Now he's not the failure and bad guy.
Bingo, by Burke confirming what the owner of Tampa Bay said, it gives Burke an out with the Leaf fans when he doesn't acquire the 2nd overall pick. I don't know why Burke doesn't set his sights on Matt Duchene from Brampton, he seems to be a complete player. I don't blame TB for asking for the moon for the 2nd overall pick because the top 2 picks are suppose to be franchise type players. The only way I see the Leafs getting the 2nd overall pick is if they take back some big contracts like Malone. But there would be other teams with cap space that might be interested.

Pelle31 is offline   Reply With Quote