View Single Post
Old
05-13-2009, 12:15 PM
artilector

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaCapsFan View Post
I can't remember another sporting event I was as emotionally invested in. Not the SEC Championship last year (Alabama vs Florida) and not even the Stanley Cup finals in 98. I have never absolutely had to, for my sanity, needed my team to win like I do tonight. WE MUST BEAT PITTSBURGH! The ghosts of post-seasons past must be exorcised!
Yeah, this one is up there. But somehow, compared with the Game 7 against the Rangers, I'll be much happier after a win, but a lot less disappointed with a loss. I guess because to lose in Round 1 Game 7 on home ice second year in a row could be absolutely devastating to team morale... whatever happens today, this season will have been a step forward.

Having said that, to beat the hated Pens in Game 7, in front of the red army in Verizon, to erase the history of vassalage, to send Crosby back to the basement, to get to within one step of the Stanley Cup finals -- Caps' fans would become the best candidates to send on a two-year solitary mission to Mars -- all they'd need to feel warm and fuzzy would be a dvd of these 7 games.

artilector is online now   Reply With Quote