View Single Post
Old
05-13-2009, 12:43 PM
Saved*

vCash: 500
May the best team win

I would like to preface this post by saying this is the first thread I have created in over 1 month, so it's something special.

Through this 'rivalry', I have came to realize a few things: Just because the media wants there to be a big rivalry, doesn't mean we have to fall into chaos if our team loses.

I'm a Penguins fan and you're a Capitals fan. Why does that mean we can't be friends? Is it because Ovechkin isn't a Penguin fan, and Sidney Crosby isn't a fan of Ovechkin?

We gnaw at each other back and forth and I for one am tired of taking part in it.

Win or lose, the best team won. If you guys win, great, I'll be happy for you guys and hope you guys can knock out the Red Wings for me. If we win, so be it. You guys have a great team, and if you lose, think of it like this:

A recent poll has voted the 2009 Washington/Pittsburgh series as the best series of all time. Also, with a 1 or 2 goal margin of victory tonight, it is also statistically the closest series of all time.

As a Penguins fan, I'm just happy I was able to witness this. As a Capital's fan, you guys should be two. We get to watch two great teams battle it out in what is arguably the best series of all time. The loser will not walk the walk of shame, but walk with head held high by being beaten by the better team.

What say you? Can we put some animosity aside and enjoy some hockey? I don't see why we can't.

Saved* is offline   Reply With Quote