View Single Post
Old
09-29-2004, 09:36 AM
True Blue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish
Yes, does sound a little oxymoronic...but if he means resolved with a cap in place, it'd make sense
No doubt he means a cap, after all that is what is most advantageous to the owners. However, in light of his and Cablevision's comments, those things make me doubt more than ever the validity of Bettman's purported losses. As I have said before, I do not think emough people know just how easy it is to have the books show you anything you want. And if they are not showing EVERYTHING to begin with, you can show losses in almost any amount. I can practically guarantee that if I had just a little bit of time with Nasville's books, I can show them to be quite profitable. This is not "cooking" books. This is simply showing or not showing where all the components from income go to and having all of the components of losses show up in one place (sorry if that is not 100% clear).
The Kings ,despite being in a rather large market, have not been amongst the so-called bigger money makers in the league. So if they are loosing more money because of the lockout, how is Bettman's report the least bit valid?