Thread: Rumor: Sundin Could Come Back!!!
View Single Post
Old
05-14-2009, 09:21 AM
Beukeboom Fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Courage View Post
I'd still like to know how a guy saying "I haven't made up my mind yet" is 'antics'. He said he'd take his time and make the right decision for him and the media (and we're included in that here) jumped on every rumour, every sighting, every little word he said and blew it up into a melodrama. Sundin did none of that. We did that. And then we have the gaul to blame him.
I think it's considered "antics" when you won't waive your NTC because Mat's "didn't want to be a rental player" and " wanted to be with a team for the full year". He then waits until the season is 3 months old to be paid like one of the top 3 players in the league on a per game basis, and then use the next 30 games as you personal training camp.

Mats can still be very productive, and if he was committed to a team for the full year and would show up in shape from day 1 - is still worth big money. I just wouldn't commit to him if he can't commit to a team by the start of training camp. Anything else is a blatant "cash grab" on his part IMO.

Beukeboom Fan is offline   Reply With Quote