View Single Post
Old
05-14-2009, 06:10 PM
Zal

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukyo View Post
Well, Lombardi has said that his goal is to build a perennial Cup contender. I am assuming that Lombardi is not covering for (or being lied to by) AEG. Given that, if the Kings make the playoffs it validates them as a team no longer in just rebuild mode. Once it gets to that point, the only issues with attracting quality outside help will be a matter of having the assets and resources to go get it (hence my other conditions for calling an end to the rebuild).
The theory is there, but the practice and application has yet to be revealed. He's drafted great, yes, but Lombardi needs to close the deal with some aquisitions. In order to get to the playoffs, we'll need some additional help.

We dropped off the radar this season because our talent level/ceiling and experience caught up to us. Terry Murray and the coaching staff have a lot do with us not coming in dead last this season. Like it or not, our talent level less than the very system TM implemented this season. He is precisely why we finished higher than we were projected to.

At any rate, I'm way off topic, so I'm cutting it short.

Zal is offline   Reply With Quote