Thread: Value of: Roberto Luongo
View Single Post
Old
05-15-2009, 12:14 AM
myrocketsgotcracked

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beukeboom Fan View Post
I realize no one is perfect, and if the Canucks had played better team defense - Havlat wouldn't have even gotten the shot. My point is that truly elite goalies sometime "steal" a game in the P/O's, and when the Canucks desperately needed RL to do that against the Hawks - he didn't deliver.

I'm not calling RL a bad goalie - because he's not - he's among the best in the game. I just don't think that with only having one year left on his contract a bunch of Canucks fans are significantly overestimating his trade value in this thread - that's all.
you like to pick on that one play as if that was the only good scoring chance in the game against the nucks. fact is, had luongo not been great in the 2nd period of that game, we'd be down 3-1 or 4-1 at least. sharp on a breakaway, versteeg on a backdoor play, toews/kane combo with a couple dominating shifts, those are just some of the plays i remember off hand right now. and that is just the 2nd period alone. without luongo, it wouldn't have been tied late in the 3rd. he gave the nucks a chance to steal it, and the team blows it. you can't single out RL on that game.

myrocketsgotcracked is offline   Reply With Quote