Thread: Value of: what is Kaberle's trade value?
View Single Post
Old
05-15-2009, 01:35 PM
The Naz
With God given hands

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by phlocky View Post
You do realize that Dan Boyle was just traded this past off season right??? You do realize that Boyle was signed for 6 more years, not just 2 right??? You do realize that there were 2 verteran dmen that were sent to SJS (the team that got Boyle in case you forgot that too). You do realize that TB got a young dman whom was benched at the end ofthe previous year and in the playoffs and a defensive prospect whose stock was falling along with a late 1st right.

If you are looking for a deal similar to the Boyle deal it would look something like this: Matt Carle + Luca Sbisa + 2010 1st + 2010 4th for Kaberle + Kubina. Now I know that Kubina is better than Lukowich but Sbisa is eqully better than Wishart so it evens out. Not exactly the overwhelming deal you are expecting is it.

That's a pretty decent deal for the Leafs actually. Kaberly for Carle + 2010 1st is probably about right and Sbisa + 2010 4th is a lot for Kubina.
all the condescending talk aside, change the 1st to 09 and 4th to a 3rd, and I'd be down. I dont think we're getting the best we can for Kabs, but he needs to move on to show his true value, he's rotting in TO and can do so much better if he played on a decent team.
Personally I liked the trade to BOS mentioned a few posts ago, and would want Kessel in a trade. Kabs would be perfect playing with Chara and Savard on the PP. If he played for Boston, he'd be the 4th or 5th guy in Norris talks.

The Naz is offline   Reply With Quote