View Single Post
Old
05-16-2009, 10:52 PM
Bryanbryoil
The Oilers Best

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narnia View Post
Tell me BBO, why should the Oilers nor any NHL guarantee a spot to a rookie. It's not the way it works. Omark had to earn his spot and it appears he didn't want to do that.
It's not about guaranteeing him an NHL spot, it should not be done unless we are talking about Malkin, Ovechkin, etc. However trying to chince out on the AHL contract (which Omark clearly didn't appreciate) that is negotiating dirty IMO. At least reward him for coming over and working on his game in North America if he isn't quite ready for giving up a chance at the big bucks in Europe. That was my biggest issue with the negotiations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MerryJ99 View Post
No Rookie can be signed to a one way contract... I also think that would have been the Oilers biggest hurdle regardless. That is what the KHL is hoping for though. They can take advantage of the fact that the NHL teams must sign Rookies to no more than the max and cannot guarantee them time in the NHL. The KHL can offer these Kids a lot more in terms of Monetary Value. What option would you choose given the choice? He made the right choice if he wanted a payday.
True but being cheap on the AHL deal??? That's a shot below the belt if I've ever seen one.

Bryanbryoil is offline   Reply With Quote