View Single Post
Old
09-30-2004, 01:19 PM
Fish

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sathershouldgo
If you remember Parise got an absurd rating when he was CLEARLY outplayed by Dawes at the worlds. They orginally gave Dawes a 6C rating I believe and the board went nuts. Then they changed it. Same with Lundqvist.

Plus Wiseman is a guy who CLEARLY outplayed a couple of Devil prospects on the AHL level who got 7's. The discrimination continues but they are getting better.
I always put that down to individual bias on the part of editors of certain teams, plus a bias towards teams that have produced players in the past. For instance I see that Hudler is rated in the top 50 from last April and yet I wouldn't put him on par with Dawes in terms of ability and projection as an NHLer...perhaps Hudler has better leg strength at this point.

But because Detroit has been successful in recent years and has moved guys like Zetterberg, Datsyuk and Fischer up to the NHL they get a better rating for the prospect they have...either that or the Red Wings editors are simply more positive on their prospects that the Rangers editors are on theirs (non wholly unrelated to winning).

St Louis has in some ways been like the Rangers in years past getting a bad rap for their prospects and yet have turned out Backman and Jackman.