View Single Post
Old
05-16-2009, 10:32 PM
Shadow Flyer
Why So Serious?

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talentless Practise View Post
It's not considering the length of the contract and age of said players.
Fair point, but I still believe that Briere is still far closer to the Richards deal than Gagne is. We can agree to disagree. I'm not trying to be personal here, and I see no need to go back and forth with it. We obviously aren't going to see eye to eye, and my goal on these boards isn't to make as many enemies as possible. We see things differently, so be it.

Quote:
That's fair. At the same token the Flyers can look for cheap quality goaltending without giving up anything of value. Should be easy to find.
Its not easy to find, obviously. And maybe we won't find, that's a distinct possibility. I just know that the Flyers aren't going to give up the value of Gagne for Hiller. It would take another nice piece for Philly to consider moving on it. Just my opinion, based on past returns in the goalie market.

Quote:
Edit. Just to clarify, not once in this thread have i proposed Hiller straight up for Gagne.
No, but that was the basis for the start of this thread. Someone a few posts back mentioned Beauchemin. While I can't say how Philly management feels about him, or what his asking price will be salary-wise, I could see the possibility of Gagne for Hiller and Beauchemin (I don't have a strong opinion of Beauchemin one way or the other). Not sure what my stance would be on that one, but its alot more realistic in terms of value, IMO.

Shadow Flyer is offline   Reply With Quote