View Single Post
Old
05-17-2009, 12:48 AM
Shadow Flyer
Why So Serious?

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talentless Practise View Post
Well, Beauch doesn't have a contract for next season so i can't see him being a "nice piece" in a deal from the Ducks perspective. If Philly likes him then sure, make any deal conditional on Beauch signing with the Flyers before free agency. He likely won't stay here anyway so it's a win-win.

Philly 6th -09 for future considerations (allowed to negotiate with Beauchemin

Gagne for Hiller, rights to Beauchemin, 2nd -10 (we don't have one -09 and the 15th this year is too much)

Philly signs Beauch.

Profit.

Good game, boys and girls.
I think it would have a chance if that 2010 2nd was a 2009 1st. From the Ducks perspective, Beauchemin walks anyway, so its essentially Gagne for Hiller and a 1st, as far as Anaheim is concerned.

From a Flyers perspective, losing Gagne would be tough, but we get a starting goalie, a top-4 defenseman and a 1st rounder. Of course, we'd have to be able to sign Beauchemin to a reasonable contract, and we'd likely still have to unload someone (Jones) for it to make sense.

To Ducks:
Gagne
2009 6th (for rights to Beauchemin)

To Flyers:
Hiller
Rights to Beauchemin
2009 1st Rounder

Our backend would be something like the following, however you want to make the pairings.....

Timonen - Coburn
Beauchemin - Carle
Parent - (Free Agent)

Hiller - (Free Agent)

Really, this would all come down to how Flyers management views Beauchemin and Hiller, and how much they feel losing Gagne would affect us up front. I'm not a pro scout or GM, so I will leave that assessment to the experts, but in terms of value, it seems relatively close.

From a Ducks perspective, it would probably come down to whether or not it makes sense to keep Giguere and his cap hit, and whether or not they really want to lose a 1st rounder.

Shadow Flyer is offline   Reply With Quote