View Single Post
Old
05-17-2009, 01:32 AM
Giroux tha Damaja

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
Originally Posted by twenty2 View Post
No reason to give up Gagne for a deal like that. Flyers get more than a little bit screwed.

What makes us pick this deal over a deal perhaps Montreal or Minnesota would give us with their goaltending situations and their need for offensive wingers?

Personally I think we're nearly getting screwed with Hiller, 1st, and rights to Beauchemin for Gagne.
I wouldn't move him myself. I don't think it is currently possible to improve the team as a whole over the next two years by moving him, so I wouldn't do it. Outside of some miracle trade where Jiggy and Briere both agree and get traded straight up, these teams aren't good trading partners IMO. I was just trying to facilitate the search for some middle ground between those two sides.

Am I the only person here who thinks Hiller on a team with an average defense would look significantly more average? I honestly think a Lupul for Harding trade (straight up) offers the Flyers a goaltender of very similar capability (though I'll concede less proven) for much less coming from the Flyers. Harding probably represents more of a gamble, but I like their chances with him.

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote