Thread: Proposal: Anaheim-Philadelphia
View Single Post
Old
05-17-2009, 01:52 AM
Talentless Practise*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am The Mush View Post
Am I the only person here who thinks Hiller on a team with an average defense would look significantly more average?
What you saw in the playoffs is Hiller behind a great defense. What you saw in the regular season was Hiller behind an average defense. Beauchemin was injured most of the year and Whitney&Wisniewski were brought in at the deadline. During most of the season the Ducks defense looked something like this:

Pronger-McIver/Mikkelson
Festerling-Niedermayer
Montador-Hedican/Brookbank

Hardly world beaters there apart from Pronger/Nieds

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am The Mush View Post
I looked it over and I still think Philly could/should do a little better. By placing a condition on the third for the signing of Beauchemin, I think I'm getting warmer. Obviously in a real negotiation I couldn't make one offer then make a worse one after it got accepted, but since this isn't a real negotiation, is the trade below still palatable for you?
I think ShadowFlyer and i already agreed any trade would be made on condition that the Flyers and Beauchemin already had a deal in place to be signed after the trade. That eliminates the need for conditional picks.

So while the Ducks are only trading away Beauchemins rights, the Flyers receive, in essence, a signed Beauchemin.

Talentless Practise* is offline   Reply With Quote