View Single Post
Old
09-30-2004, 02:28 PM
bleedgreen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by silver_made
why not Roberto AND pavel. Pavel can score and Florida can't; the math seems pretty clear to me. With his recent history, any possible deal he signs will be short years/small money, and with his skill i'd say it is low risk. if a team lets their goalie hang out to dry, they are garbage. Florida's future isn't necessarily garbage, but their current collection and its performance is (with the exception of very few, namely luongo). and you sidetrack about the kings because? i was a diehard kings fan in another era of Los Angeles' history; the Granato, Sandstrom, Hrudey era (take note of the logo).
i thought they changes the logo and colors were around the same time wayne showed up. and my point isnt about YOU, its about the way the kings were perceived pre-gretzky - much how the panthers are perceived now. im not a panthers fan, but i think they have the best future in front of them that theyve ever had. at the time they traded bure, they needed to lose the salary - it was a justified move at the time. it has proven to be a smart one with all his injuries. was he worth more than they got, based on the amount of time he has been injured? also, i was under the impression he was still rangers property and possibly unavailable to just be signed by florida. if he was healthy, i think it would be a good idea for florida to get him on a short term deal. they could use a vet who can score, and they probably have some room under any "cap" that may exist.