Thread: Proposal: Oilers/Ducks
View Single Post
Old
05-18-2009, 01:20 PM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

vCash: 500
This is a textbook example of a HF Boards trade proposal discussion.

Some Ducks fans who don't know much about Gilbert vs some Oilers fans who have no clue about Wizniewski. Perfect.

However, I feel I would have to decline the proposal. Oilers fans are obviously and rightfully high on Gilbert's impressive 45 points from the blue line. But so are Ducks fans about Wisniewski's physical play. He's been a tremendous fit next to Scott Niedermayer, and should he return, Wisniewski will be a #1-pairing defender on the Ducks come October. He's also not exactly a scrum offensively: last year he came within 7 pts of Gilbert's production while still being the better defensive defenseman. This year, he's missed half a season after his knee injury, but especially since joining the Ducks he's been on a pace that would see him come close to Gilbert's numbers (for those who love numbers more than anything - which seems to be most).
In addition to that, the physical presence Wiz is is what the Ducks need more at this point. He is up for a raise this summer, but I'm pretty certain he'll not get $4 mio, so keeping him over Gilbert also saves some well needed cap space.

Vipers31 is online now   Reply With Quote