View Single Post
Old
05-19-2009, 02:37 PM
bb_fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayMaker View Post
The B's achilles heel against Carolina was that they couldn't get past their forecheck without the retrieval abilities of Hunwick and Ference (who had a torn groin). Chara, Wideman, Ward and Stuart just don't have great mobility. Look at the teams in the Conf Finals, all of them have several good skaters and outlet passers on the backend.

I'd like to see the B's move Kobasew for that guy. He doesn't have to be a stud. Just another 3/4/5 guy who can move. Like the guys I mentioned in the OP. And with that guy in tow, I think Ward would be the odd man out on the rebuilt defense. Which is a shame, because he's been excellent in the top pair for the B's from day1 right up until game7, but he makes $2.3M and like you said, the B's are unlikely to save much money by dealing Kobasew alone for the puck mover they need.

In short...

OUT: Kobasew and Ward (in a separate deal) for a total of $4.83M
IN: An affordable (under $3M) number 3, 4 or 5 dman who can skate and move the puck.
posted this on the bruins board, and i'll say it hear to, the problem was not a lack of puck moving mobile D'men for boston.

Having Hunwick in over Hnidy or Monty would have been ideal.

Having Ference as well over Hnidy or Monty would have been ideal.

Saying Wideman isnt mobile???

While it would be nice to add another D-men, if hes not a puck moving, mobile, physical presence (as in a top two guy) theres not much to add. Chara, Wideman, Stuart, Ward, Ference and Hunwick work just fine for me.

bb_fan is offline   Reply With Quote