View Single Post
Old
05-19-2009, 03:48 PM
WreckItRask

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bb_fan View Post
posted this on the bruins board, and i'll say it hear to, the problem was not a lack of puck moving mobile D'men for boston.

Having Hunwick in over Hnidy or Monty would have been ideal.

Having Ference as well over Hnidy or Monty would have been ideal.

Saying Wideman isnt mobile???

While it would be nice to add another D-men, if hes not a puck moving, mobile, physical presence (as in a top two guy) theres not much to add. Chara, Wideman, Stuart, Ward, Ference and Hunwick work just fine for me.
Ditto for me. I know it's human nature (for both fans and GM's alike) to contemplate which types of personnel changes/upgrades should be made after the season, but I would consider this offseason a huge success if they Bruins could simply start next year with virtually the same team as this year. IMO, that's their challenge. I'm fine with these 6 guys on the back end, and I'd love for them to keep Montador around as a 7th defenseman, or give a guy like McQuaid a shot as a 5/6 pairing defenseman. Up front, I'd love to bring back their lineup exactly as is, including Recchi. I have a feeling that Axe might be gone, so give Lehtonen or Sobotka a chance to make the big club.

I know I'm in the vast minority here, but with their sheer depth of talent up front, I'd like to see them move a RW for some picks and prospects. Just save some cap space for next summer, and keep the prospect pool stocked. Not a sexy move for a contending team, but might be the smartest thing to do.

WreckItRask is offline   Reply With Quote