View Single Post
Old
05-19-2009, 07:31 PM
Hockeyfan68

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stick9 View Post
I'm gonna agree with Gunner and Potvin. The standard Bauer factory radius should be fine. If continue to have problems with balance (feels like you are about to fall forward or backward), you can have the pitch of the blade adjusted.

As others have said, profiling doesn't help or correct form or technique.
True, that is true.

Like the standard info I copied and pasted above is a general guide and not set in concrete. I'm in the middle oif tweaking my blade hollow for the next 3 weeks or so to find what works best for me. It would help this guy if he found a knowledgable sharpening guy who is patient enough to try a few different things until the person finds his perfect setup.

Too many may have been like I WAS guilty of until recently and just let Joe Schmoe from Cocomo generically do his blades so he has the wrong radius and hollow for years on end.

I mean the skates are THE most important piece of equipment you use performance wise and should be treated that way and not messed up incorrectly by bad sharpening people.

I'm still learning about skates after playing for 35 years or so because I had poor sharpening people around here for years until the guy I see now. NOW we are getting things correct and proper for my style, weight and height.

Good luck to you in finding what works best for you too

Hockeyfan68 is offline   Reply With Quote