View Single Post
Old
10-01-2004, 06:45 PM
Blueshirt13

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch
and spot-on too.

When you've spent more money than any organization over the last four years (and ballooned the league's looses to $224 million by contributing $40 million to that), while you were being paid, I believe, more than any other GM (and no CBA will put any restriction on what an owner can pay his employees, other than the players he chooses to employ), and when all you have to show for it is a bunch of recent draftees and youth who are not yet ready for prime time, all the while not garnering a playoff berth in the timeframe...uh, I lost my train of thought...and he wants credit for something? Most GMs would've been fired by year 2. The rest by year 3. Now he's extended his stay a few years by 'beginning' a rebuild. Credit will be given when credit is deserved.
I still believe that $40 mil number is pure BS but that's just my opinion. Cablevision's P&L has a couple of good places to move revenues and costs that can create an imaginary loss in one division and balloon profit in another. The good old black box of corporate financial reporting.