View Single Post
Old
05-22-2009, 09:45 AM
copperandblue

vCash: 500
Personally I think Strachan is a waste of skin but here is something to consider.

In Edmonton we learned first hand that he is very plugged in with certain sources. Very plugged in.

His best source is Newport Sports Agency (or something like that), the agency that Pat Morris, Don Meehan and the such operate.

He is so plugged in that the agency has actually taken him on golf trips and things like that.

Now for some background for confirmation, Newport is the agency that represents Chris Pronger and Strachan was the guy that broke the story that Pronger wanted out of Edmonton. He broke the story even before Pronger's agent formally notified the Oilers. You guys can do the math on that one.

Now in LA's case, one of the guys that has often been rumoured to be on the block is Frolov. Frolov's agent is, you guessed it, Don Meehan of Newport.

I haven't been able to find a complete client list for Newport but Frolov is one name that does fit the puzzle.

Edit: LA players that use Newport are; Frolov, Stoll, Greene, Quincy, Doughty

I guess the bottom line is that although Strachan is a turd in general, if there is a trade that is close to being finalized and that trade ends up including players from Newport's stable (obviously this is the part that would require a leap of faith in believing) then it is worth paying attention to what Strachan is saying.

Last edited by copperandblue: 05-22-2009 at 09:56 AM.
copperandblue is offline   Reply With Quote