Thread: Soft hands tips
View Single Post
Old
05-23-2009, 07:20 AM
Semper Sens

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MistaWrista View Post
Um, no. Top of stick= center of hand to where it meets the palm, right. But having your dominant hand on the bottom is usually what CAUSES hands of stone. The top hand is what does the important work when you're handling the puck
Quote:
Originally Posted by noobman View Post
It's true that you need both hands (hence the phrase two hands on the stick) but they do not share the load equally. When stickhandling, the top hand should be doing most of the work while the bottom hand should act as a support.

Using both hands equally is a symptom of a heavy stick and/or weak forearms.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptjeff View Post
Then you're stickhandling wrong. Your hands are faster if the top hand does all the turning and moving and the bottom hand just does the lifting of the stick.

If it works for you and you aren't playing seriously, it's probably fine, but know that that's not correct technique.
Is this actually true? When I think about it, I'm pretty sure my bottom hand is doing most of the moving when I stick handle. Is this maybe why my dangling is so bad after playing hockey my whole life?

How do you correct this? You guys are actually using your bottom hand like a fulcrum while your top hand moves the puck hand around? Wouldn't that require ALOT more top hand strength? I do the opposite.

Semper Sens is offline   Reply With Quote