View Single Post
Old
10-02-2004, 07:27 AM
Law Dawg

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaVal575
you can have a case for May, because you can only see what goes on, on the ice (and even then, i think a 6'1, 210 lbs player dropping the gloves with guys like Laraque, Shelley, Low, and Worrell (and even wins some of these), to get his team going is very valuable. the guy will do anything for his team.)

but to say Keane is useless to the Canucks, you have to be joking. he and Allen turned around one of the worst penalty kills in the league into one of the best. he blocked more shots than most of the defensemen. he brought along the youngsters (especially King, whom he took it upon himself to befriend). if there is one UFA i'd have the Canucks re-sign, he'd be it. Keane was an extremely valuable role player for the Canucks all season, and you'd be hard pressed to find a Canuck fan that thinks otherwise.
I agree entirely. The Canucks need more Mike Keanes, not less. He brought much needed veteran experience and was a good mentor for the younger guys around. He was still a very good player on the ice and his work with Jason King in particular was worth his signing alone. I hope the Canucks can manage to keep Keane for any upcoming season.