Thread: Soft hands tips
View Single Post
Old
05-23-2009, 01:07 PM
McNasty

vCash: 500
In terms of overall puck control having your dominant hand on top makes it way easier. For those of you who haven't heard of this before, use one hand on your stick and just go through the motions. Do it first with the top hand, then the bottom hand. Your bottom hand doesn't do a whole lot, however I would argue that having your dominant hand on the bottom allows you to make short quick movements with the puck on your stick, while your dominant hand on top allows you to make better use of your reach and better use your body to shield the puck, especially with one hand on your stick.

All in all it's all about what feels natural to you. I'm right handed and a switch hitter in baseball, I throw with my right hand and when I picked up a hockey stick playing right handed felt more natural. In baseball I bat better lefty then righty and in golf I swing righty and putt lefty. Put it this way Ovechkin signs autographs with his right hand, which leads me to believe his dominant hand is on the bottom. And Ovechkin can certainly shoot and stickhandle.

McNasty is offline   Reply With Quote