View Single Post
Old
05-24-2009, 04:17 PM
Giroux tha Damaja

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyguy View Post
Robidas is a solid defender and is just what the Flyers need to solidify their d-corps. I'll take the cap-relief and re-sign Biron over selling the house for a goalie. Solid?
Trading Lupul (a forward, a poisiton of depth for the Flyers) for a solid young starter-in waiting (I'm thinking Harding), provides some cap relief, and possibly a solution in net past the next year or two. The cap savings could be used to sign Biron for the next two years. There is always the possibility Biron will get his 5 million elsewhere though. Worst case scenario if we got Harding, we could resign Niitty and hopefully have them split 50/50 to start. I think Harding is ready to be a league-average starting goalie right now, with the potential for much more.

The Flyers defense is not in need of huge reworking IMO. Letting Jones sit his contract out and having his hip heal is addition by subrtraction. With Lupul gone, and Kunble allowed to walk, plus the possibility of a fairly inexpensive goalie tandem, free agency becomes a realistic avenue to acquire a steady, veteran hand for the defensive corp.

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote