View Single Post
Old
05-26-2009, 01:40 PM
Pacem

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatik View Post
I agree... or at least thought I did until I thought about it more... the way I see this is we need 4 assistant coaches... if any stay IMO it will be Cookson as what we believe is as a Video Coach... we also need a Goaltending Coach... I've seen McLennan's name thrown around a bit and I can't say that would be a bad thing as Noodles has watched Kipper closely as his backup for a couple season... that IMO leaves 2 spots... a defensive coach and a special teams coach... I don't see either being a special teams coach to be honest... I can't say I know alot about Lowry's coaching style but I do remember him as a player and I don't think he ever saw PP time lol... everything I have heard about McGill is he stresses defense first

I think we will see either McGill or Lowry as an assistant... but not both... unless one goes to the video room for now... I think we will see someone completely different as the special teams coach
Just wanted to point out you don't have to play on the PP to be a coach of the PP. I don't recall exactly but im sure Lowry must have put in some PK time in his NHL career. Being on the PK and having that kind of prospective can help coaching the PP. Reconizing what the different PK's are doing to you on a game to game basis can help bust an opponents PK strat. How you played in the NHL doesn't necessarily translate into what you can do as a coach. I think he could come in as a special teams coach.

Pacem is offline   Reply With Quote