View Single Post
Old
05-27-2009, 04:40 AM
Giroux tha Damaja

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle evs48 View Post
You're better off trading Lehtonen for picks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am The Mush View Post
They're better off trading Lehtonen for picks? What picks that have them better off than trading for a 2nd-over-all prospect or a PPG first line center?
You mention later they want young players, JVR fits the bill, but you choose to neglect his inclusion in this comment.
Quote:
What the hell would be the point of getting Briere? It's not like he would take them to the playoffs.
Quote:
Who are they drafting this year that is getting them to the play-offs? Do you think about these things, or are you just posting stuff?
Perhaps that was rude...maybe I should ask it more like: "What the hell would be the point of trading Lehtonen for picks?". Maybe that is more polite. The value of picks this year are not higher than the value of JVR, but you don't even address that. You just post an opinion that Briere couldn't help them make the playoffs, and scoff at the idea of a trade as if I am an idiot. Pardon me if my tone deteriorates slightly.

Quote:
Briere = PPG center over his career. Kovalchuk wants to see some serious efforts to improve the team and give him reason to resign. ATL fans, who know their team better than I do, are saying the team has more pressing needs. Fair enough, but the idea that Briere is useless that seems to be popular on these boards is just ridiculous.
Quote:
If you think Briere is going to fix Atlanta, or be the deciding factor in a potential extension for Kovalchuk, then get a clue.
Briere could HELP Atlanta, possibly enough to earn a playoff spot *gasp*. That is what I said. We disagree here and that is fine.

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote