Thread: Proposal: Mtl-atl-phi
View Single Post
Old
05-27-2009, 11:55 AM
phlocky

vCash: 500
While this trade might seem like a good idea, I see 3 major flaws in it. First, Atlanta already has 3 goalies on their roster and that is why they are looking to deal one of Lehtonen or Pavelec, they would really have no need for someone like Halak. Oh I know they could then deal him for something else but why should THEY be the ones expected to make another trade when they could just replace Halak with whatever they think they could get for him by smething else in the trade and leave the future trading of Halak to the Habs? Second, although they do not run at the league cap limit, Atlanta has a self imposed cap limit that really prohibits them from taking on a contract like Briere's. Third, Atlanta isn't giving up the 4th pick overall, not even for everything they are being offered in this proposal.

If, and this is a big IF, Briere were to waive his NMC then I think a more realisitc deal would be something centered Briere for Halak with a swapping of picks/prospects to even it out would make the most sense.

phlocky is offline   Reply With Quote