EucaLEAFtys

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salsabil View Post

1st '09
2nd '09
Patrice Cormier

Tomas Kaberle

The need for that puck moving defenseman is evident in New Jersey. Andy Greene was thought to take over that duty but hasnt really clicked in New Jersey, IMO. This gives them a legit top 2 puck mover, to play alongside Martin. Martin, remember, isnt known for his offense but has it in him. With a good offensive defenseman, Martin's numbers are sure to go up.

Toronto gets a 1st + 2nd and a prospect, all of which can be used to move up in the draft, or add depth to the farm. Huge fan of Patrice Cormier, who can be Toronto's checking line C one day, and provide offense as well.
IINM, something along this line was talked about at this past trade deadline. Given the Devils' organizational pool rating (according to HF) appears to be worse than the Leafs right now, the Devils may not want to do any trades at all. Mind you, I would be quite happy with what you have proposed here, but somehow I don't think that Devils' fans would.

Perhaps if Cormier was subbed out for Bergfors or Tedenby your proposal might gain more support from both sides.

Just my opinion.

EDIT: I think TML Rebuild has a good addition with Pandolfo. I don't think Pandolfo's contract is too much for the Leafs to bear despite its term. If taking Pandolfo is what it takes to get this done, then so be it.

Last edited by EucaLEAFtys: 05-27-2009 at 02:36 PM.
EucaLEAFtys is offline   Reply With Quote