Old
05-28-2009, 12:19 AM
The Tikkanen
Pest

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Quote:
Originally Posted by FelixPotvin View Post
Forget the weights on game days. You need your muscles to be at their best when you hit the ice, and if you weight train before the games, your muscles will be in need of repair and they won't be able to perform to your max when you hit the ice.

Remember, when you workout, you tear the muscles, and the growth comes when they repair themselves. You don't want to stress your muscles once in the gym and then take them out and stress them again on the ice.
Doesn't seem to bother me at all. Like with any exercise or sport you cannot just make general, sweeping statements saying this should or should not be done. Babe Ruth played baseball drunk and did quite well, would you go back in time and tell him not to drink and party before he played? I suggest people try working out before games if they work out regularly and see how they feel. If you feel and play like crap then try something else, if you feel good then keep on keeping on. I perform at my max when I hit the ice so the quoted post has been proven false.

The Tikkanen is offline   Reply With Quote