Old
05-29-2009, 11:55 AM
FlyHigh

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to FlyHigh Send a message via MSN to FlyHigh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
How about...1 year ago?

The only way you can view that observation as "pretty weak" is if you're "pretty delusional" about your absolutist claims.

As said, I don't expect him to go anywhere...but you can preach all you want about why he won't go somewhere else, it doesn't even begin to dent the fact that he could go somewhere else...as is proven with regularity in all sports.
Huh? I'm not even sure who the player in the photo is and I don't feel like Googling it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSniper87
Jester hit the nail on the head.

If this team wanted him gone, and he became unhappy here, why WOULDNT he waive his NMC? If I'm the highest paid player on a team that doesn't want me, why would I stay? Because I can? If he gets moved, he still gets the same amount of money.

The question is, if he felt unwanted and knew we were interested in trading him, why wouldn't he waive his NMC? So he woulnt have to move again?

He lives in Haddonfield NJ, he could move. I mean, he has only made like $23 mill in the past 3 years.

The best thing for him is that with the NMC, he could literally tell us where HE wants to go next. Any interest in being a Hab? Sure thing Dan. Want to play for Washington Danny Boy and center Ovechkin? No problem.

As I see it, that guy should be HAPPY, even if he isnt wanted here.
Wow, what a fantastic message to send to future FAs. "Please, sign with us! However, we reserve the right to make you feel unwelcome and to try to force you to move within 2 years of signing your 8 year deal. We're really excited to have you here!"

Sure, the organization could try to force him out, but in the long run, that would be an extraordinarily stupid thing to do. What kind of message do you think that sends to other players who we want to join our team? Next time we go after a big-name FA, you don't think that saga would come into play?

Trying to force Briere to move would be dumber than giving him the NMC in the first place.

FlyHigh is offline   Reply With Quote