View Single Post
Old
05-29-2009, 03:43 PM
solo16

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Letang58 View Post
I'm sorry, but you are massively overrating Filppula here.

He had 12 goals this season, and you claim he is already a second liner. That's a huge stretch, then to suggest that he is going to be anything near Datsyuk is ridiculous.

He's a very good third line center, but it's kind of funny that you think the Wings will get the fifth overall pick for him.
See Stanley cup finals, last year. When he out played Malkin.
See WCF this year when he was our second line center for all but 1 game.
See WSF this year where he spent several games as second line center.
See most of last year where he was second line center.

This year he has been our third line center with no power play time for almost every game of the season. His scoring is low because of that. He is one of the highest even strength scorers on the DRW if i recall. He is a versatile player and we have the luxury of using him in a defensive role this season and as our Num 1 pker.

That is all on that.

As for the Datsyuk comment. I dont expect him to be as good as Datsyuk. Frankly he doesnt have Datsyuk's dangling skills (no one does). But he could develop a shot that is similar to Datyuk which has finally developed to a 30G a season level. As for the rest they are different players. Filp is faster and plays a different game than datsyuk. He could in theory reach a similar level of potential but it will be via different qualities (though 100 points season seems quite a stretch).

I mentioned adding a pick with Filp for First overall not the opposite. I do not think Filps Value is 5th overall. I actually think its about 15th overall. But I do not think 5th overall would be out of the realm of possibility. Ie. Filp+3rd = 5th overall as per above.

solo16 is offline   Reply With Quote