Thread: Soft hands tips
View Single Post
05-30-2009, 09:24 AM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by EmptyNetter View Post
Any thoughts at all about what caused the change? A long offseason, maybe?

In any sport you'll have days, or even long spells of time, when it feels like you've forgotten everything you ever learned. Chances are you've just lost touch with the ball, the puck or whatever you use and you need a little time to get reacquainted. Start slow with your golf ball just getting a feel -- cradling it, moving side to side, then forward and back. It could be that you've just been distracted (working on other facets of your game?) and in coming back to stick handling you're trying to force your hands and the ball to work like they used to instead of trying to regain your touch. Just simplify the exercise until you feel the ball is under your control and then gradually increase your hand speed and the types of maneuvers you try.
I switched sticks, so that might have caused the change. I was playing with a Bauer OnePro: I broke the blade, and decided to give the Sherwood RM9 a try. I bought a curve pretty similar to the one I had on my Bauer (I had a naslund curve), because I found it to be the perfect curve for me in terms of stickhandling. However, it's been a while now (around 3 weeks) that my puckhandling has been way worse than what it used to be. Maybe the fact that I started working on my wrists and forearms (wrist curls and reverse wrist curls) at around the time I lost my skills has something to do with it. Could that be part of the problem?
Anyway, thanks a lot for the help everyone.

Last edited by mcsk*: 05-30-2009 at 10:40 AM.
mcsk* is offline   Reply With Quote