05-31-2009, 12:47 PM
Hockeyfan68

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vakar Lajos View Post
- Broken femur (thigh bone)

- broken collar bone

- chipped tailbone

- dislocated left knee over a dozen times. last time chipped a peanut M&M sized piece of cartilage off. Had to have the whole knee realigned.

- dislocated right knee 6-8 times.
Man that is just brutal luck.

The collarbone alone is a hassle that takes a long time to heal because you use it for everything.

A guy on our team is done for the summer and may be done from hockey for good after a 4 wheel ATV accident at about 40mph. he caved in his collarbone which was a clean complete break so his upper chest area where it is has a caved in look.

He'll need surgery to repair it and even then he was told it would never ever be the same again for normal use and may have a locked feeling.

Your knee dislocations scare me because one of my knees has a lot of the cartilage that is just gone from a serious leg infection when I was 11 and i almost lost my leg. It isn't painful except on rainy days so I should be thankful even though it is weak.

I can imagine you use braces and stuff when you play at this point which I am sure adds to the frustration.

Good luck with your knees anyway you only get two and have to make them last until your final days.

Hockeyfan68 is offline   Reply With Quote