Thread: Proposal: LA-Boston Proposal
View Single Post
Old
05-31-2009, 04:03 PM
Dr Quincy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loktionov View Post

Quincey I can read. Nonetheless the add (pick?? prospect??) in a deal you should understand that the Kings are not interested in a deal where Rask is a center piece of a deal and the Kings send Doughty, Kopitar or Brown the other way.
1) I said the original deal, involving Rask, was a no go for LA. As you (and I) said, there is no need for a goaltending prospect when they already have one.

2) I never said nor implied that LA would deal any of Doughty, Kopitar or Brown for Rask.

What I said was that THAT was what it would take from Boston to deal Rask. To illustrate that point, I pointed out that several Kings fans have said in the past that there are players on their own team who they have no interest in deal, and thus if a team wanted those players they would have to overpay for them.

That was my point. Boston has no reason to trade Rask nor should they. If they were going to deal him it would take an overpayment. This doesn't mean that LA is the team to make that overpayment.

Whatever Rask's value on the open market or around the league is of little importance. His value to the Bruins is insanely high since they have not developed a young goalie in the last 35 years.

Dr Quincy is offline   Reply With Quote