Thread: Value of: Jake Gardiner to Toronto?
View Single Post
Old
05-31-2009, 09:17 PM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talentless Practise View Post
We can afford neither. You think being a good d-man is reason enough to want someone, Redden is a good D-man.
That depends on a lot of decisions that are to be made. Will Scotty be back, will the Ducks decide to enter the Beauchemin bidding which would see him getting paid more than he's worth.

Quote:
It it very much in doubt whether we can afford both Nieds and Pronger next year. For some reason, i prefer Pronger to Kaberle as a Nieds replacement. As i do Whitney for that matter, and we already traded for him.
Of course, they work better as a replacement, because we don't need to trade for them. We can just keep the assets it would take. That's obviously better. However, if Scotty retired and Beauch left (which seems very probable), we were left with only Pronger, Whitney, Wisniewski, Brookbank and our prospects. One of those should be able to fill the #5 (Brookbank being the #6) role, but we would most definitely need a #2-4 guy. You may be able to find one of those via free agency. But that's when the market is going more than a little crazy at times and you might be looking at different options.

Quote:
Who cares what fans around the league think? The person i asked the "thoughtless question" is a Ducks fan who should know about our situation but was still willing to gut our future for a package we don't need.
That's my and your opinion. Assuming Scotty and Beauch will be gone (which is not exactly crazy) one may very well end up with a different conclusion.

Quote:
There's no need to remind me about your stance about that trade, i don't give a ****.
I could hardly care less. I will remind you of what I believe you should be thinking about whenever I feel it's appropriate.

Vipers31 is offline   Reply With Quote