Thread: Proposal: Sjs-Edm
View Single Post
Old
05-31-2009, 11:39 PM
Vaasa

vCash: 727
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homesick View Post
It's actually a bargain basement price of 5.4 million(well at least compared to Boyle)
NHLPA has his salary at $6.25 mil. His cap hit may be lower, but the salary is still an issue. I would suspect that the Doug Wilson isn't going to be given as much salary room this coming season as he had last year. Given the failure of the highest paid team in Sharks history, I don't see them taking on a salary like Souray's. And even it wasn't, his cap hit at $5.4 mil would preclude them from re-signing Clowe and possibly other RFA's.

And really, the issue wasn't with the D. The issue was the forwards utter failure to score in the playoffs. The guys who put up the most effort (Michalek, Pavelski, Setoguchi) on the scoring front weren't getting the support they needed. And there wasn't enough scoring from the bottom 6. With Mitchell back next year full time and with McGinn likely to step up to a full time position, they should get more out of the bottom 6. I suspect DW will look to someone with a bit more scoring potential to replace Grier, although Plihal may get a bigger role too.

Vaasa is offline   Reply With Quote