View Single Post
Old
10-06-2004, 02:32 PM
mcphee

vCash: 500
I work from a home office and a few years back I started displaying a few things I'd picked up over the years. Then it snowballed when it it got added to every Christmas or birthday. It's not strictly Habs related though I had a lot of cards of old favorites on the wall. Now I have a lot of old eqmt. A pair of 60's [not so old] hockey gloves, a wooden handled golf club, a Mickey Mantle card, a few Danby prints that I'm sure a lot of you have, the Expos opening day ticket from 1969, old skates,catcher's mask, 1st baseman mitt, a painting by a Quebec artist named Merkowsky [sp] that I'm told is valuable, some misc. cards incl. Larry Walker with the Indianappolis Indians, some commerotive plates [the Rocket] a collection of old sports books I read when I was kid,[the Chip Hilton series] a framed picture of my grandfather in a hockey uniform as a teenager [he died long before I was around] , a signed Expo bat from the early 80's, a newspaper picture of the Montreal Royals from the 50's, a bunch of coins and sport knick knacks, other than that.... Oh, I've got some laminated Lou Gehrig and Ted Williams posters.