View Single Post
Old
10-06-2004, 02:44 PM
True Blue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prucha73
There were lots of good players, there is no shame being picked 11th overall it doesn't mean anything. But Korpikoski who was rated 156th European at midseason to go 19th overall is a bit of a stretch. I still think he will be a PJ Axelsson type of player, which is not that bad, better than a bust I suppose.
Just becuase you do not like him, does not mean that he is an instant 3rd/4th liner. Korpikoski's stock rocketed at draft time. The fact of the matter is that the Rangers (and others) viewed him to be a better prospect than Tukonen. You calling it "a bit of a stretch" that his stock shot up so high is suspect since it is well know that you had your heart set on Tukonen and not Lauri.
There is zero indication that Tukonen will be any better or worse than Korpikoski. Likewise, I could say that Tukonen will be a Pascal Rheume type of player and that would have about as much weight as your comparison of Korpikoski to Axelsson.
Korppikoski's stock rose while Tukonen's dropped, it's just that simple. Tukonen has about the same chance of being a top 6 forward that Korpokoski does.