View Single Post
Old
10-06-2004, 03:13 PM
Prucha73

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue
Just becuase you do not like him, does not mean that he is an instant 3rd/4th liner. Korpikoski's stock rocketed at draft time. The fact of the matter is that the Rangers (and others) viewed him to be a better prospect than Tukonen. You calling it "a bit of a stretch" that his stock shot up so high is suspect since it is well know that you had your heart set on Tukonen and not Lauri.
There is zero indication that Tukonen will be any better or worse than Korpikoski. Likewise, I could say that Tukonen will be a Pascal Rheume type of player and that would have about as much weight as your comparison of Korpikoski to Axelsson.
Korppikoski's stock rose while Tukonen's dropped, it's just that simple. Tukonen has about the same chance of being a top 6 forward that Korpokoski does.
Who said I don't like Korpikoski? I am just not as dazzled by him as the rest of the fans. Many thought Korpikoski would be there in early 2nd round, that would have been a good place to pick him, but he cost us a 1st rounder and a 2nd rounder. To me Korpikoski is worth less than say Chucko+Soderberg or Balland+Pineault. I would definitely take Tukonen or Nokelainen over Korpikoski, but we didn't really have that option, and the management was so impressed by Korpikoski that they thought of taking him 6th overall if Montoya was gone. I don't think Tukonen's stock went down, most consider him a steal at 11th spot.