View Single Post
Old
10-06-2004, 06:18 PM
Graveytrain

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej's Dance
The Korpikoski nonsense wasnt making sense moreso than your opinion on our draft. I guess the Sather shot at the end of the last post got me to calling you a big baby, lol.

Kiprusoff was a hidden gem, noone thought he was gonna be that good. Lalime is decent, but I think you're viewing him more/less for the fact that he went so cheaply to the Blues. If it wasnt for the times the NHL is in right now, he wouldnt have been let go so easily. Thus leading you to believe that goalies arent as important. Whatever. You have your opinion, I have mine. I just think that goaltenders are still a very important piece in winning. I dont know if you can tell, but Im glad we took Montoya and dont have to worry about drafting another goalie in a draft this year that is gonna be crazy.

Well i can't figure out what doesn't make sense about stating we paid more for him then Carolina did for Ladd...?my shot at Sather is just that, a shot... he believes, like you i suppose that goaltenders are more important then anything, which i dont agree with... you kinda said it yourself in a round about way... Lalime did go cheaply to the blues, and that is a sign of the times...but until rules are changed, and the league resumes, things will not change... it isn't me assuming goalies are not important, just not as important as they used to be, and when you see goalies had so cheap, and so easily plugged into the system as they are today, how can anyone come to a different conclusion, that they aren't nearly as important