Thread: Prospect Info: "All Things Peoria" thread...
View Single Post
Old
06-03-2009, 01:41 PM
ChicagoBlues

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBeard View Post
Maybe this should go into the prospect thread but I was wondering if anyone got a good interview with Lehtera(and Palushaj for that matter) or Peoria's staff talking about their play in with the Riv's. I tuned into the radio for their playoff games and it seemed like there was times Lehtera was completely tenacious on and with the puck.
I'm not sure if this is his first time in North America, but for playing on our smaller surface with bigger and faster players for the very first time in real live game action, Lehterä did an awesome job. He scored a goal in the playoffs and I think had 3 points over 14 games played (7 regular season and 7 playoffs)

I emailed Dave Eminian twice after Lehterä's arrival for more information, but my emails went conspicuously unanswered. I wondered how a top prospect can come over here and the Rivs top beat writer doesn't interview him and write a story. If he doesn't speak English very well yet, then certainly Mr. Eminian can find a Finnish translator, even in the middle of Illinois. There are several universities and colleges somewhat nearby. Same goes for Livingston....he comes over, doesn't play and there's no explanation? I find that strange.

Anyway......

This is a good place to bring up Jonas Junland. Jeff Gordon wrote an article about team depth in which he described Junland as a disappointment. I think his analysis is totally absurd.

Junland is another prospect who is giving North American ice hockey a real go of it. He had his ups and downs in Peoria, but overall he exceeded expectations. His vision is amazing and he can really shoot. He's inconsistent, which is understandable; he's new to NA. Luckily he has a countryman on the team (Hellström), who's also a d-man. But when Junland got called up to the Blues for that game against the Capitals he got pasted to the end boards by Donald Brashear. Ouch! He looked really scared in that game.

That's all I got for now.