Thread: Worst Injury
View Single Post
Old
06-05-2009, 12:54 PM
shoeshine boy

vCash: 500
broken tailbone was easily the most painful. it took a good 2 years to stop hurting.
I've only (knock on wood) had minor injuries but the worst one (other than the tailbone) was while I was scorekeeping a AAA men's league game. at our rink we don't have glass between the penalty box and the scorekeeper's box. with less than a minute to go one of the guys cranks out a clearing attempt. he missed the glass and hit me right in the forehead. I stopped the clock and staggered towards the door not realizing I was bleeding yet. looking down I realized I was bleeding onto the floor. one of the refs was able to patch me up temporarily but the cut just wouldn't stop bleeding. a friend took me to the ER where I got 1 internal and 8 external stitches. I was leaving in 3 days for a tourney in Canada so I went with the stitches still in my head.
2 good things that happened: 1) the guy who shot the puck is a friend of mine. he felt so bad he bought me beers for months! 2) we now have glass between the scorekeep's box and the penalty box.

shoeshine boy is offline   Reply With Quote