Thread: Proposal: Dallas/ Florida
View Single Post
Old
06-05-2009, 02:57 PM
Alistar

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeaverSports View Post
It's no secret Hicks has some financial issues, but I don't believe anyone anywhere has said that will directly affect the Stars. Hull said they wouldn't spend to the cap, but that was pretty much a given anyway.

Actually, if Joe Nieuwendyk asks for money to spend, I bet Hicks gives it to him because like Bob Gainey, every move will be fairly calculated with this guy... and Hicks may want to let him make a splash early. Also, I get the sense with the comments about Hicks looking to sell the Texas Rangers that he might be eager to show he's committed to the Stars.

Besides, what's a couple million considering the numbers people are throwing out about Hicks. Short of bankruptcy, the Stars aren't going to be affected, nor are they going to have a big impact on Hicks' overall bottom line.
not to mention Dallas has a grand total of 40 mill commited to 18 odd players right now (including Richards), with only Zubov / Lehtinen / a backup goaltender left to sign... so how much salary are we planning on cutting?

I wouldn't expect either Zubov or Lehtinen to make over 3 mill next season with their age and injury problems factored into the equation, and last time I checked backup goaltenders don't cost all that much.. Dallas could sign these players and field a very competitive team for around 45 mill if they wanted to, I myself think they're going to aim a bit higher and try and make a splash in the UFA market - spend around 50 mill on the year.

Last edited by Alistar: 06-05-2009 at 03:06 PM.
Alistar is offline   Reply With Quote