Thread: OT: 2008 Draft
View Single Post
Old
06-05-2009, 10:26 PM
eco's bones

vCash: 500
On Doyle--Prospect Park chronicles day to day what our prospects are up to. Off the top of my head sometime around January-February--Chris hurt his back and was out for three weeks or so. After he returned his production slid noticeably. He'd been one of the leading scorers in the QMJHL before that if I remember correctly. It was a tough break and personally having had back problems in the past it's not a lot of fun--though it is variable to the particularities of the injury and the person how it affects someone.

On Byers I'm an unabashed fan--though I'm not sure he wasn't drafted too high. The idiotic side of me likes size and snarl. He has both. He had two almost unexepectedly good years in Hartford. Last year he wrecked his knee but came back for the playoffs. His skating I don't think is too bad but it's something he always has to work at and I'm not sure how his injury last year is going to affect that aspect of his game. If he's over his injury I think he has a good chance to make the Rangers in 09-10.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote