View Single Post
Old
06-07-2009, 02:28 AM
not quite yoda

vCash: 500
i like ellis alot and think he will make a fine offensive defenceman. not so sure how he ll pan out as far as def skills go.

i think a ellis and subban could make for a great pp tandem five years from now (see WJC). the thin is that we already have weber who is close to NHL ready. his pros and cons compare to ellis'.

is it necessary to have both with the habs? i don t think so. but if ellis is to be the one that turns out to be the better of the two i guess it would make sense, but weber doesn t seem to have much rade value (as compared to say our 18th overall pick right now. if we were to draft ellis and keep weber then it is possible that we d trade elis down the line for a different type of player that we may need more ( say a big forward) but if that s the case why not just draft one now with the 18th pick.

but in the end, it s all for nothing. we will draft whoever timmins and co. think is the BPA, wether that s ellis or not. it is true that you can t project your needs 5 years down the line.

having said all that i like boh weber and ellis alot.

not quite yoda is offline   Reply With Quote