View Single Post
Old
06-07-2009, 08:36 PM
Hockeyfan68

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckleboy View Post
thats the hard part about getting older, when you get out there and the play develops you forget that your not 17 anymore.I couldn't tell you how many times I have gotten out of the shower the next morning and realized how badly I bruise now. I can't seem to not get in front of shots when I see them coming. I'll be 37 in a couple of months, and my wife just laughs at my dumbazz everytime I come home bruised up.
I hear ya .... in fact most of the guys i play with are in their 20s or early 30s and just told me to stop all that physical play I usually do as a checking forward. They told me to lay back and just have fun and that I didn;t have to fly around full tilt for my whole shift.

My injury was on the flukey side to be honest ... the guy decided to take off to my left just as I was skating in there at a half decent clip. His momentum added to mine and my muscle gave out on a seemingly harmless play.

The main thing I have noticed as you have described for yourself is that my wrists get sore when I play too much. it is obvious to me that my recovery time has lengthened. I simply need more time in between sessions to heal up. I cut down to 2 sessions a week and that seems to be a good spacing for me to recover legs and other body part fatigue issues.

I had a good skate today by the way which felt good ... I did not count on wearing a sling setting my balance off kilter though while skating. I adjusted the sling so my hand hung lower out of the front of it and then I had my balance back.

It was bad enough feeling naked without equipment and even worse .... no stick in hand. I hate public skating but it is all I can do for now so I will make due with it.

I bought one of those lace tighteners yesterday and it did the trick to tighten my skates with one hand. All I had to do after they were tight was to tie a bow which i could do okay. Yep the whimpy lace tightener trick ... it worked great.

Hockeyfan68 is offline   Reply With Quote