View Single Post
Old
06-08-2009, 12:21 PM
Puckhead58*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chomsky View Post
We need a bonafide #1 centre, what's your point..

My point is.....the whole team needs some new faces and a lot of work....and now's the time to do it since we have nearly $30 million in cap space!!!!

You're right, we do need a #1 centerman....and I'm right, we do need a #1 RW....we could also use a #1 LW and another #1 defencemen to play with Markov. We also need to get #1 goaltending out of either Price or Halak. The Habs need a lot of work and we need to start with signing some new faces. Instead of re-signing players and hoping they fill the holes and turn into good players, we need to sign good players and simply hope they keep their play up.

I'm all for trying to build a solid team from within, but you still need top line players to score some points and lead the way while our young players grow and learn the NHL game. Right now we have Higgins, Plekanec, Lats, Laps, Andrei, Sergei, Kostopoulos who are all still learning to play in the NHL. None of them are close to being top players in the league....so since they aren't ready, we need to sign guys who are there right now and ready to lead the team.

Puckhead58* is offline   Reply With Quote